Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Sunday Salon November 15, 2009

The Sunday Salon.com

With all the company we had over last weekend, I didn't have a chance to get a Sunday Salon post up. It wouldn't have been a very interesting post anyway since I really didn't get much reading done either.

Last week, I was finally able to finish The Elves of Cintra by Terry Brooks. Although the storyline in The Genesis of Shannara series is dark and depressing, I am enjoying reading about the beginnings of Shannara. Brooks has packed this series full of action.

A wonderful surprise book that I received this week is cooking with the Chef's Academy: Perform like a chef with recipes & lessons from the classroom to your kitchen. My husband is lucky enough to work with the chefs who created this book each day. Although I haven't cooked from the book yet, I know the recipes will be fantastic as I have gotten so sample the food created by the authors on occasion. I posted more about this book in my weekend cooking post.

Next up on my reading agenda is City of Bones (Mortal Instruments). Although it is halfway through November, I am still really hoping to complete the 1st in a Series Challenge this year. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare will be my second to last book in completing this challenge. It will also count for the 2009 Support Your Local Library Challenge but since I need three more books to complete that challenge I am not sure I'll be able to pull that one off. Heading into the holiday season, I know I will have even less reading time if that is possible!


BookBlips: vote it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please share your thoughts with me :-)