Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Sunday Salon October 18, 2009

The Sunday Salon.com

This is my first ever post for The Sunday Salon. I can't promise that I will be able to do a post every Sunday but I would like to try making this a regular feature on Library Girl Reads.

This past week was pretty light on the reading because I had so many other things happening. Thursday was my daughter's first birthday! Last weekend we headed up to Michigan to have a birthday party for her at her grandparent's house. I love getting to see my family but being gone for the weekend really messes with my schedule. I spent most of this week playing catch up which didn't leave much extra time for reading.

I'd hoped to finish Armageddon's Children by Terry Brooks but that didn't happen so this week I will definitely finish reading it.

Next up on the reading list is The Recipe Club: A Tale of Food and Friendship by Andrea Israel and Nancy Garfinkel. The format of this novel is very intriguing to me as it is a combination of letters and recipes. I know I've never read a book set up this way so I'm interested to see how it flows.

My daughter got a great set of Winnie the Pooh books for her birthday so I know we will be exploring those as well. She loves to read her stories and definitely has her favorites. Now if I could only get her to help put her books back on the bookshelf instead of taking them all off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please share your thoughts with me :-)